The following payment and cancellation terms apply to all Tour and Rental Services bookings and departures.
Open or close each Terms section below by clicking on the + or – signs.
The tour price is based on double occupancy and includes the services specified in the itinerary plus optional activities listed in the package. The price does not include services and meals not listed specifically in the itinerary package, passports or other travel documents, air and/or other transportation to and from the tour start and ending points, visas, vaccinations where required, or personal expenses such as laundry, medical insurance, and communications (unless otherwise stated in the tour itinerary).
A change fee of up to €150 per departure may be incurred for any modifications to standard itineraries published on our website. For changes requested by customers who have already booked a tour, a handling fee of up to €150 per change may be applied.
Custom requests to current itineraries or custom tour development requests may incur modified payment and tour terms, which will be communicated at the time of reservation.
Late fees of up to €50 per hour may be applied for every fraction of an hour our delivery staff has to wait when customers arrive late (as per the agreed upon meeting time).
We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance, which includes coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay.
In addition to the Payment and Cancellation terms specified here, please be sure to read our General Terms and Conditions for Tourism Packages, which includes important information such as conditions that apply in the case of tour operator cost increases (please click on the section box below to view the terms).
Customers can reserve their space on a trip with a deposit payment of €200 per person for tours with a base package price below €700, and €400 per person for tours with a base package price above €700.
Final payment is due 60 days prior to tour start date (except specific cases where hotels or vendors may require special payment terms on certain tours or departures, in which case we will communicate these specific terms individually). For custom or private tours, special payment terms may also apply.
Re-booking fee: when Cycle Europe communicates availability for a requested tour departure date, our staff will also let the customer know within how many days a deposit payment will be due (so as to not lose temporarily reserved hotel availability). If the deposit payment is not made within this time period and if the customer later requests availability again, a booking charge of €100 per booking party will be applied.
Last-minute booking fee: if the customer’s requested departure date is within the following 45 days, Cycle Europe requires a credit card to hold an amount of €100 per booking group. If the tour departure is confirmed by Cycle Europe as per the website package description at the advertised price, or with up to a 10% price increase, the booking fee is not refundable in case of customer cancellation. The customer will be liable for balance payment immediately. If the balance payment is not received within four (4) calendar days, the €100 booking fee will be automatically forfeited and tour departure will be cancelled. If Cycle Europe is not able to confirm the tour departure as per the website package description, or if availability is confirmed with a price increase greater than 10% over the advertised price, and the customer prefers to not book the requested tour departure, the customer’s booking fee will be taken off credit card hold.
Cancellation and postponement
If the customer cancels or postpones a booked reservation, we incur costs and expenses the exact amount of which would be difficult or impractical to determine. Therefore, we will retain all or a portion of customer’s payments as liquidated damages, not as a penalty, which the customer agrees is fair and reasonable. The following options are available for cancellations and postponements:
- 60 or more days before departure date: refund of payments made minus a €100 per person booking fee; or, customer may keep payments as money on account (to be used within two calendar years of cancelled departure) minus a €50 per person booking fee.
- 59 to 30 days before departure date: refund of payments made minus the deposit payment or €400 (whichever is higher); or, keep 90% of your payments as money on account (to be used within two calendar years of cancelled departure date).
- 29 to 20 days before departure date: refund of 30% of payments made; or, keep 80% of payments as money on account (to be used within two calendar years of cancelled departure date).
- 19 to 0 days before departure date: depending on funds paid by Cycle Europe to third-party suppliers (such as hotels), we will try to maintain up to 60% of payments as money on account (to be used within two calendar years of cancelled departure date.)
For bookings paid with money on account, please refer to the section below “Money on Account (MOA) terms and conditions” for cancellation options.
The above cancellation terms apply to our tour packages listed and booked on our website – in the few cases where hotels or local vendors may require special payment or cancellation terms, we will communicate these specific terms individually.
Some of the tour packages offered and sold on our website are run by local partners (part of our Collections Program). Different payment and cancellation terms may apply, and will be communicated to customers at the time of booking.
Tour Terms and Conditions:
Fundamental rights of the traveler under the EU Decree 2015/2302
- Before the conclusion of the contract Travelers (also referred to as Customers) will receive all the essential information about the package.
- There is always at least one expert responsible for the proper implementation of all the tourist services included in the contract.
- An emergency telephone number or contact point address to reach the Organizer or Travel agent will be communicated to the Travelers.
- Travelers may transfer the package to another person, subject to reasonable notice and possibly upon payment of additional costs.
- The price of the package can be increased only if specific costs increase (for example, fuel prices) and if expressly stated in the contract and, in any case, no later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase is more than 8% of the package price, the Traveler can terminate the contract. If the organizer reserves the right to increase the price, the Traveler is entitled to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travelers may terminate the contract without having to pay termination fees and obtain full repayment of payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, has changed substantially. If, before the start of the package, the expert responsible for the package cancels the package, Travelers have the right to obtain reimbursement and, where appropriate, indemnity.
- Travelers may, under exceptional circumstances, terminate the contract without having to pay termination fees before the start of the package, for example if there are serious safety problems at the place of destination which may affect the package. Furthermore, Travelers may at any time, before the start of the package, withdraw from the contract upon the payment of standard penalties previously accorded or, failing that, the adequate and justifiable penalties calculated pursuant to art. 41, paragraph 1 of the Tourism Code.
- If, after the start of the package, substantial elements cannot be provided according to what was agreed, suitable alternative solutions must be offered to the Traveler, without a surcharge. Travelers can withdraw from the contract, without the cost of termination fees, if the services are not performed as agreed and this significantly affects the execution of the package and the organizer has not solved the problem.
- Travelers have the right to a price reduction and / or compensation for damages in the event of failure to comply with or incomplete performance of the tourist services.
- The Organizer is required to provide assistance if the Traveler is in difficulty.
- If the Organizer-Seller becomes insolvent, the payments will be refunded by the Insurance company. If the Organizer-Seller becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transportation is included in the package, the repatriation of Travelers is guaranteed. BikesPlus SRL is covered by the following insurance: FONDO VACANZE FELICI S.c.a.r.l. policy number 2383 .
- Travelers can contact the insurance company FONDO VACANZE FELICI S.c.a.r.l., addressed at Sede legale: Via Larga n. 6 – Milano, Tel – +39 292 979 050, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or, if necessary, the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism – General Directorate of Tourism, Italian Competent Authority according to art. 48, paragraph 2 of the Tourism Code (Via del Collegio Romano, 27 – 00166 Rome – phone +39 06/67232131 mail email@example.com) if, due to the insolvency of the Organizer-Seller, the above mentioned services are denied.
- The Traveler is informed that s/he can underwrite insurance policies to cover the withdrawal penalties by the Traveler or the costs of assistance and repatriation, in case of accident, illness or death. The insurance policies may be indicated by the Organizer as mandatory for their package offers.
- For further information on the fundamental rights of the Traveler purchasing travel packages (as defined in Article 32, paragraph 1, letter g of the Tourism Code) refer to Directive (EU) 2015/2302, and of D. Lgs 21.5.2018, n. 62 transposted into local law and published here.
Photographs: please note that BikesPlus (under the brand Cycle Europe) may use, re-use and reproduce any images, photos or videos that our travelers send us, or that are taken by our staff and/or other travelers of individually or group travelers, in any medium, including but not limited to print, electronic media, or Internet, free of charge and without the traveler’s right to inspection, for promoting and publicizing our travel products and services worldwide.
For any tour that also includes a bike, please review our bike rental contract (which the traveler will be asked to sign at the time of bike delivery):
We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance, including benefits such as Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay.
For rentals and services to tour operators or companies operating tour packages and itineraries in Europe, please note that specific terms may apply, in which case these will be communicated on an individual basis.
Reserve your Rental Service with a deposit payment equal to 25% (100 euro minimum payment). Final payment is due 30 days prior to rental start date
Cancellation and postponement:
If you cancel your reservation, we will incur costs and expenses the exact amount of which would be difficult or impractical to determine. Therefore, we will retain all or a portion of your deposit as liquidated damages, not as a penalty, which you agree is fair and reasonable. The following options are available if you cancel or postpone:
- Up to 30 days before rental start date: 100% of funds can be kept as Money on Account (to be used in the following two calendar years); OR a full refund of payments made, minus a €50 per person booking fee.
- 29 to 14 days before rental start date: 100% of funds can be kept as Money on Account to be used in the following two calendar years; OR a 50% refund of payment/s is possible.
- Any portion of your reservation paid with money on account will return on account if you cancel up to 14 days before departure. Within 13 days, the cancellation terms listed below apply.
- 13 to 0 days before rental start date: any non-refundable costs or expenses incurred by Cycle Europe will be forfeited by Customer (such as travel arrangements for delivery); of the remaining funds, 75% can be kept as Money on Account for use in the following two calendar years; or a 25% refund of the remaining funds is possible.
Any non-refundable arrangement or cost incurred by Cycle Europe for delivery or collection services may incur charges if rental is cancelled. These will have been communicated to you prior to booking for your approval.
In the case a refund payment is made by Cycle Europe to customer, any bank transfer or credit card fees associated to said refund payment/s, will be discounted from the total refund amount.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing or via confirmed e-mail (to firstname.lastname@example.org).
No refunds are possible after the rental begins. Refunds take 2-4 weeks to process from the date written cancellation is received.
Renter acknowledges that Cycle Europe will do its best to deliver and pick up from locations at agreed upon times but force majeure or other exceptional circumstances (unusual traffic en route to drop-off or delivery) may cause delays. Renter agrees to adhere to scheduled or agreed-upon delivery and pick-up times, and authorizes Cycle Europe to charge their credit card if meeting times are not met and additional expenses are incurred due to renter’s delays (i.e. staff time, highway tolls, staff meals and lodging, etc.). If there are changes to the pick-up location or time once the rental has started this must be communicated by confirmed email or direct telephone contact at least 48 hours before the rental equipment is returned to Cycle Europe.
If delivery location does not allow for easy access by van to drop off or pick up the rental equipment, please make necessary arrangements and provide Cycle Europe advance notice so that we can plan accordingly. Examples include a remotely-located villas in rural areas with steep gravel roads and low-hanging trees; or central/historical center parts of European cities with limited traffic access (ZTL areas in Italy). Cycle Europe is not responsible therefore for any additional time and expense that may accrue if changes in delivery location or means are necessary. It is the renter’s responsibility to know whether the pick-up and drop- off location is acceptable.
Pre- COVID-19 Rentals Package terms (listed here for reference only)
The following table explains cancellation fees for all rentals and associated services:
|Days Before Pick Up||Cancellation Fee|
|30 or over||25% of rental/service fee|
|30-15 days||50% of rental/service fee|
|14 days or less||100% of rental/service fee|
Cycle Europe reserves the right to cancel a Tour, Rental or Service prior to start date for any reason.
In the case that the reason for cancellation is within the control of Cycle Europe a choice will be provided between a full refund, which constitutes full settlement, or Money on Account credit will be issued. Refunds are for funds paid to us for booked Tour, Rental or Service and excludes expenses incurred by customer/s in instances where Cycle Europe is forced to cancel a tour, rental or service.
If the reason for cancellation is an event of force majeure (including travel restrictions or unique requirements imposed by the authorities due to Covid-19, or similar pandemics) Cycle Europe will abide by the mandates of local legislation, or will credit 100% of customer funds as Money on Account towards a future tour reservation or Rental departure or Service, to be used within two seasons of the cancellation date. Prices of Tours, Rentals or Services may change in that time period – customers will be required to pay the difference between what is on account and the new price.
Events of force majeure include, but are not limited to, an act of God, fires, explosions, earthquakes, drought, tidal waves, floods, extreme weather events such as hurricane or heat wave, war, hostilities, rebellion or revolution or insurrection, military or usurped power, civil war, theft of tour equipment such as the van or bikes en route to the tour, strikes, contamination by radioactivity or biological agents, epidemics, pandemic or contagion, acts or threats of terrorism, and/or government-imposed sanctions, embargos, or advisories that restrict travel. These events will also include the failure of third parties, such as suppliers (e.g. sites visited on the tour itinerary, hotels, restaurants, taxis, etc.), subcontractors, or necessary transportation services (e.g. airlines), to perform their obligations. Cycle Europe will make a cancellation for an event of force majeure once there is indication that the event is likely to negatively impact the Tour, Rental or Service in a way that cannot be accommodated.
This section describes the terms available for customers who have placed funds for cancelled or postponed tours as credit for future use, also known as Money on Account (MOA).
- The MOA amount made available is determined by cancellation terms based on when the participant, or Cycle Europe, communicates a cancellation, as detailed in the above sections for Tours or Rental packages.
- MOA must be used for a new booked departure by December 31 within two years following the date of cancellation.
- MOA may be extended upon written request.
- MOA can be used by the customer originally booking the Tour or Rental, or the customer can transfer their MOA to anyone else (with written, express authorization).
- MOA cannot be applied to other travel-associated costs, like transportation or hotel costs outside of the Cycle Europe Tour or Rental package. We will only apply credit for the funds paid by the customer towards their booked Cycle Europe Tour or Rental.
- MOA terms may be different for booked tours that are run by a Cycle Europe partner (i.e. not run directly by Cycle Europe). These terms will be communicated on an individual basis.
- Customers who use their MOA to book a new tour departure and subsequently cancel again, cannot under any circumstances request a refund. Money on account can return on account as per our general cancellation terms – see section above “Tour package terms and conditions” for details.
- Any money left on account beyond expiration will be automatically forfeited.
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing or via confirmed e-mail (to email@example.com).
- No refunds are possible after the Tour or Rental Service begins. Refunds take 2-4 weeks to process from the date written cancellation is received.
- In the case a refund payment is made by Cycle Europe to customer, any bank transfer or credit card fees associated to said refund payment/s will be discounted from the total amount
Amendments: we may need to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time and for various reasons. If we make a change to these terms and conditions, it will be effective thirty (30) days following either our dispatch of a notice to you or posting of the amended terms and conditions on our website. The customer is responsible for periodically reviewing these terms and conditions for updates and amendments.
(JAVIER UPDATE) Last revision date of our official Terms & Conditions: October 22, 2021 (previously updated March 19, 2021)
(Javier add): you can view our Terms & Conditions published prior to (DATE) by clicking on this link.
The Organizer, BIKESPLUS SRL Agenzia Viaggi On Line (online travel agency) with registration in Forlì, Italy with the following protocol numbers: SCIA at the City Hall of Forlì (FC). Protocollo n.10890 del 09/02/2015, respecting e-commerce legislation (D.Lgs.70/2003, D.Lgs 206/2005 – Codice del Consumo, D.Lgs. 21/2014); registered with chamber of commerce with number N. 315592
Contact information and Legal address:
via de Amicis 4/d, 47121 Forlì (FC), Italy
VAT Number and Fiscal Code: IT03765960400
R.E.A. N. 315592
PEC (certified email): BikesPlus@pec.it