The following payment and cancellation terms apply to ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours booked through Cycle Europe.
Open or close each section below by clicking on the + or – signs.
The tour price is based on double occupancy and includes the services specified in the itinerary plus optional activities listed in the package. The price does not include services and meals not listed specifically in the itinerary package, passports or other travel documents, air and/or other transportation to and from the tour start and ending points, visas, vaccinations where required, or personal expenses such as laundry, medical insurance, and communications (unless otherwise stated in the tour itinerary).
Customers can reserve their space on a tour with a deposit payment of €500 per person.
Final payment is due 90 days prior to tour start date (120 days for Bike and Boat style tours).
Cancellation and postponement
If the customer cancels a booked reservation, we incur costs and expenses the exact amount of which would be difficult or impractical to determine. Therefore, we will retain all or a portion of customer’s payments as liquidated damages, not as a penalty, which the customer agrees is fair and reasonable. The following options are available for cancellations:
- 91 or more days before departure date: Transfer 100% of funds paid* to Money on Account (MOA) OR €200 cancellation fee per person. For Expeditions €400 cancellation fee, remainder is refunded.
- 61 to 90 days before departure date: Transfer 100% of funds paid* to Money on Account (MOA) OR the deposit as cancellation fee per person. Remainder is refunded.
- 31 to 60 days before departure date: Deposit is transfer fee per person. Remainder of payment as Money on Account (MOA) OR 60% refund and 40% cancellation fee per person.
- 1 to 30 days before departure date: Place 80% of funds paid* as Money on Account (MOA) OR 40% refund, 60%cancellation fee per person.
For bookings paid with money on account, please refer to the section below “Money on Account (MOA) terms and conditions” for cancellation options.
The above cancellation terms apply to our tour packages listed and booked on our website – in the few cases where hotels or local vendors may require special payment or cancellation terms, we will communicate these specific terms individually.
Some of the tour packages offered and sold on our website are run by local partners (part of our Partner Tours Collective). Different payment and cancellation terms may apply, and will be communicated to customers at the time of booking.
We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance, which includes coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay.
In addition to the Payment and Cancellation terms specified here, please be sure to read the Rights of the Traveler and Tour Package Contract, which includes important information such as conditions that apply in the case of tour operator cost increases (please click on the section box below to view the terms).
Tour Terms and Conditions:
Fundamental rights of the traveler under the EU Decree 2015/2302
- Before the conclusion of the contract Travelers (also referred to as Customers) will receive all the essential information about the package.
- There is always at least one expert responsible for the proper implementation of all the tourist services included in the contract.
- An emergency telephone number or contact point address to reach the Organizer or Travel agent will be communicated to the Travelers.
- Travelers may transfer the package to another person, subject to reasonable notice and possibly upon payment of additional costs.
- The price of the package can be increased only if specific costs increase (for example, fuel prices) and if expressly stated in the contract and, in any case, no later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase is more than 8% of the package price, the Traveler can terminate the contract. If the organizer reserves the right to increase the price, the Traveler is entitled to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travelers may terminate the contract without having to pay termination fees and obtain full repayment of payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, has changed substantially. If, before the start of the package, the expert responsible for the package cancels the package, Travelers have the right to obtain reimbursement and, where appropriate, indemnity.
- Travelers may, under exceptional circumstances, terminate the contract without having to pay termination fees before the start of the package, for example if there are serious safety problems at the place of destination which may affect the package. Furthermore, Travelers may at any time, before the start of the package, withdraw from the contract upon the payment of standard penalties previously accorded or, failing that, the adequate and justifiable penalties calculated pursuant to art. 41, paragraph 1 of the Tourism Code.
- If, after the start of the package, substantial elements cannot be provided according to what was agreed, suitable alternative solutions must be offered to the Traveler, without a surcharge. Travelers can withdraw from the contract, without the cost of termination fees, if the services are not performed as agreed and this significantly affects the execution of the package and the organizer has not solved the problem.
- Travelers have the right to a price reduction and / or compensation for damages in the event of failure to comply with or incomplete performance of the tourist services.
- The Organizer is required to provide assistance if the Traveler is in difficulty.
- If the Organizer-Seller becomes insolvent, the payments will be refunded by the Insurance company. If the Organizer-Seller becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transportation is included in the package, the repatriation of Travelers is guaranteed. BikesPlus SRL is covered by the following insurance: FONDO VACANZE FELICI S.c.a.r.l. policy number 2383 .
- Travelers can contact the insurance company FONDO VACANZE FELICI S.c.a.r.l., addressed at Sede legale: Via Larga n. 6 – Milano, Tel – +39 292 979 050, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or, if necessary, the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism – General Directorate of Tourism, Italian Competent Authority according to art. 48, paragraph 2 of the Tourism Code (Via del Collegio Romano, 27 – 00166 Rome – phone +39 06/67232131 mail email@example.com) if, due to the insolvency of the Organizer-Seller, the above mentioned services are denied.
- The Traveler is informed that s/he can underwrite insurance policies to cover the withdrawal penalties by the Traveler or the costs of assistance and repatriation, in case of accident, illness or death. The insurance policies may be indicated by the Organizer as mandatory for their package offers.
- For further information on the fundamental rights of the Traveler purchasing travel packages (as defined in Article 32, paragraph 1, letter g of the Tourism Code) refer to Directive (EU) 2015/2302, and of D. Lgs 21.5.2018, n. 62 transposted into local law and published here.
Photographs: please note that BikesPlus (under the brand Cycle Europe) may use, re-use and reproduce any images, photos or videos that our travelers send us, or that are taken by our staff and/or other travelers of individually or group travelers, in any medium, including but not limited to print, electronic media, or Internet, free of charge and without the traveler’s right to inspection, for promoting and publicizing our travel products and services worldwide.
For any tour that also includes a bike, please review our bike rental contract (which the traveler will be asked to sign at the time of bike delivery):
We highly recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance, including benefits such as Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay.
For rentals and services to tour operators or companies operating tour packages and itineraries in Europe, please note that specific terms may apply, in which case these will be communicated on an individual basis.
Reserve your Rental Service with a deposit payment equal to 25% of the total rental amount. If the total amount is 400 or less, the full amount will be due at time of deposit.
Final payment is due 30 days prior to rental start date
Cancellation and postponement:
If you cancel your reservation, we will incur costs and expenses the exact amount of which would be difficult or impractical to determine. Therefore, we will retain all or a portion of your deposit as liquidated damages, not as a penalty, which you agree is fair and reasonable. The following options are available if you cancel or postpone:
- Up to 30 days before rental start date: keep your payments as Money on Account minus a €50 per person/bike booking fee (to be used in the following two calendar years); OR take a refund of 75% of your payments.
- 29 to 14 days before rental start date: keep 90% of your payments as Money on Account (to be used in the following two calendar years); OR take a refund of 50% of your payments.
- 13 to 0 days before rental start date: depending on expenses or costs incurred (such as travel arrangements for delivery), Cycle Europe will try to maintain up to 60% of payments as Money on Account (to be used within two calendar years of cancelled departure date).
For new departures booked with Money on Account from a previously cancelled Rental, see the Money on Account section at the bottom of this page.
Any non-refundable arrangement or cost incurred by Cycle Europe for delivery or collection services may incur charges if rental is cancelled. These will have been communicated to you prior to booking for your approval.
Renter acknowledges that Cycle Europe will do its best to deliver and pick up from locations at agreed upon times but force majeure or other exceptional circumstances (unusual traffic en route to drop-off or delivery) may cause delays. Renter agrees to adhere to scheduled or agreed-upon delivery and pick-up times, and authorizes Cycle Europe to charge their credit card if meeting times are not met. If the client does not adhere to the agreed delivery and collection times and is delayed more than 30 minutes, BikesPlus reserves the right to apply a fee of €50 for every ½ hour of delay. Other additional costs or fees associated with the delay could apply (for ex. to cover the cost of staff train tickets, hotels or other new expenses related to the delay). If there are changes to the pick-up location or time once the rental has started this must be communicated by confirmed email or direct telephone contact by the renter as soon as possible.
If delivery location does not allow for easy access by van to deliver or pick up the rental equipment, please make necessary arrangements and provide Cycle Europe advance notice so that we can plan accordingly. Examples include a remotely-located villa in rural areas with steep gravel roads and low-hanging trees; locations in alleys or narrow streets where tight turns do not allow for arrival or van and/or trailer; or central/historical parts of European cities with limited traffic access (ZTL areas in Italy). It is the renter’s responsibility to know whether the pick-up and drop- off location is acceptable or feasible. Cycle Europe is not responsible therefore for any additional time and expense that may accrue if changes in delivery location or means are necessary, and the same delay fees described above can therefore be applied.
Rental Contract to be signed upon delivery whether you are simply renting services or purchasing a tour package: CE Bike Rental Contract and CE Van Rental Contract (whichever applies).
Cycle Europe reserves the right to cancel a Tour, Rental or Service prior to start date for any reason.
In the case that the reason for cancellation is within the control of Cycle Europe a choice will be provided between a full refund, which constitutes full settlement, or Money on Account credit will be issued. Refunds are for funds paid to us for booked Tour, Rental or Service and excludes expenses incurred by customer/s in instances where Cycle Europe is forced to cancel a tour, rental or service.
If the reason for cancellation is an event of force majeure (including travel restrictions or unique requirements imposed by the authorities due to Covid-19, or similar pandemics) Cycle Europe will abide by the mandates of local legislation, or will credit 100% of customer funds as Money on Account towards a future tour reservation or Rental departure or Service, to be used within two seasons of the cancellation date. Prices of Tours, Rentals or Services may change in that time period – customers will be required to pay the difference between what is on account and the new price.
Events of force majeure include, but are not limited to, an act of God, fires, explosions, earthquakes, drought, tidal waves, floods, extreme weather events such as hurricane or heat wave, war, hostilities, rebellion or revolution or insurrection, military or usurped power, civil war, theft of tour equipment such as the van or bikes en route to the tour, strikes, contamination by radioactivity or biological agents, epidemics, pandemic or contagion, acts or threats of terrorism, and/or government-imposed sanctions, embargos, or advisories that restrict travel. These events will also include the failure of third parties, such as suppliers (e.g. sites visited on the tour itinerary, hotels, restaurants, taxis, etc.), subcontractors, or necessary transportation services (e.g. airlines), to perform their obligations. Cycle Europe will make a cancellation for an event of force majeure once there is indication that the event is likely to negatively impact the Tour, Rental or Service in a way that cannot be accommodated.
This section describes the terms available for customers who have placed funds for cancelled or postponed tours as credit for future use, also known as Money on Account (MOA).
- The MOA amount made available is determined by cancellation terms based on when the participant, or Cycle Europe, communicates a cancellation, as detailed in the above sections for Tours or Rental packages.
- MOA must be used for a new booked departure by December 31 within two years following the date of cancellation.
- MOA may be extended upon written request.
- MOA can be used by the customer originally booking the Tour or Rental, or the customer can transfer their MOA to anyone else (with written, express authorization).
- MOA cannot be applied to other travel-associated costs, like transportation or hotel costs outside of the Cycle Europe Tour or Rental package. We will only apply credit for the funds paid by the customer towards their booked Cycle Europe Tour or Rental.
- MOA terms may be different for booked tours that are run by a Cycle Europe partner (i.e. not run directly by Cycle Europe). These terms will be communicated on an individual basis.
- Customers who use their MOA to book a new Tour or Rental departure and subsequently cancel again, cannot under any circumstances request a refund. Money on account can return on account as per our general cancellation terms – see the Tours or Rentals Payments and Cancellation Terms sections above for details.
- Any money left on account beyond expiration will be automatically forfeited.
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing or via confirmed e-mail (to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- No refunds are possible after the Tour or Rental Service begins. Refunds take 2-4 weeks to process from the date written cancellation is received.
- In the case a refund payment is made by Cycle Europe to customer, any bank transfer or credit card fees associated to said refund payment/s will be discounted from the total amount
Amendments: we may need to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time and for various reasons. If we make a change to these terms and conditions, it will be effective thirty (30) days following either our dispatch of a notice to you or posting of the amended terms and conditions on our website. The customer is responsible for periodically reviewing these terms and conditions for updates and amendments.
Last revision date of our official Terms & Conditions: October 12, 2022 (previously updated October 22, 2021)
You can view our Terms & Conditions published prior to October 12, 2022 by clicking on this link.
The Organizer, BIKESPLUS SRL Agenzia Viaggi On Line (online travel agency) with registration in Forlì, Italy with the following protocol numbers: SCIA at the City Hall of Forlì (FC). Protocollo n.10890 del 09/02/2015, respecting e-commerce legislation (D.Lgs.70/2003, D.Lgs 206/2005 – Codice del Consumo, D.Lgs. 21/2014); registered with chamber of commerce with number N. 315592
Contact information and Legal address:
via de Amicis 4/d, 47121 Forlì (FC), Italy
VAT Number and Fiscal Code: IT03765960400
R.E.A. N. 315592
PEC (certified email): BikesPlus@pec.it