Amended Terms & Conditions due to Coronavirus COVID-19
Last revision: April 14, 2020
We take our travelers’ health and safety seriously, as well as that of our staff and in-country partners. In consideration of the Coronavirus and the fast-changing situation on a global level, we have temporarily amended our standard booking, cancellation and re-booking Terms & Conditions (T&C).
Due to the extenuating circumstances caused by Coronavirus on travel and the travel industry (and its workers), and in an effort to provide the most flexible conditions possible to our customers who have booked a tour with us in 2020, effective April 7, 2020 for all 2020 departures, the amended terms and conditions stated below supersede our regular cancellation terms and conditions. For tours in 2021, our standard T&Cs apply (see page bottom).
Our amended cancellation terms are meant to give you, the traveler, more flexibility as you evaluate and decide on changing and existing 2020 departure or booking a new 2020 tour in Europe or in regions specifically affected by Coronavirus. We are relying on travel advisories from the following governments: United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, United States, as well as local governments and our local resources to help us make informed decisions.
Cycle Europe Cancellations: Cycle Europe does not typically cancel a trip or rental service once it is guaranteed. However, due to the ongoing Coronavirus situation, we will consider cancelling a trip in the 30 days prior to the tour start date based on information from the above sources.
If Cycle Europe cancels a standard Guided or Self-Guided Tour, or a Van or Bike Rental * because of any of the above reasons, one of the following options apply:
- We will work with you to create or propose an alternative route or trip or delivery/collection location for you to make your trip during the same time period and will assist you with your travel plans.
- You may keep all your money on account for a future Cycle Europe tour or service to be used by December 31, 2022 (this Money An Account can also be transferred to another traveler, with the original customer’s written authorization).
- We will refund your tour cost, less the deposit.
*please note that for Custom Tours the terms may vary, and we will communicate them to you individually, on a case-by-case basis.
If the Customer cancels: As an Italian tour operator, we are bound by local decrees regarding Coronavirus, which as of April 7, 2020 only apply to travel plans for the immediate future (only during the government-declared emergency period). Although the latest decrees require operators like us to provide a voucher for 12 months from date of cancellation if the trip occurs during the government-declared emergency period, Cycle Europe, in an effort to provide our customers with even more flexible options, will allow our customers to keep their Money on Account (also termed Voucher or Credit) for a significantly longer period, through Dec. 31 2022.
If you choose to suspend, cancel or changes dates on a 2020 departure, because of Coronavirus concerns, the terms below will apply.
Standard Guided or Self-Guided Tours:
|Days before tour start date||Options|
|31 or more days||
* Money On Account can be transferred to other parties. Price lock cannot be transferred.
|30 days or less||We will work with our customers to create or propose an alternative route or trip or delivery/collection location; if you prefer to cancel within 30 days, we will offer a solution on a case by case basis.
Van, Bike and Equipment Rentals
|Days before start date||Options|
|15 or more days||
*Money On Account can be transferred to other parties. The extra discount cannot be transferred.
|14 days to tour start||We will work with our customers to create or propose an alternative route or trip or delivery/collection location; if you prefer to cancel within 14 days, we will offer a solution on a case by case basis.
Tour Terms and Conditions:
Fundamental rights of the traveler under the EU Decree 2015/2302
- Before the conclusion of the contract Travelers will receive all the essential information about the package.
- There is always at least one expert responsible for the proper implementation of all the tourist services included in the contract.
- An emergency telephone number or contact point address to reach the Organizer or Travel agent will be communicated to the Travelers.
- Travelers may transfer the package to another person, subject to reasonable notice and possibly upon payment of additional costs.
- The price of the package can be increased only if specific costs increase (for example, fuel prices) and if expressly stated in the contract and, in any case, no later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase is more than 8% of the package price, the Traveler can terminate the contract. If the organizer reserves the right to increase the price, the Traveler is entitled to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travelers may terminate the contract without having to pay termination fees and obtain full repayment of payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, has changed substantially. If, before the start of the package, the expert responsible for the package cancels the package, Travelers have the right to obtain reimbursement and, where appropriate, indemnity.
- Travelers may, under exceptional circumstances, terminate the contract without having to pay termination fees before the start of the package, for example if there are serious safety problems at the place of destination which may affect the package. Furthermore, Travelers may at any time, before the start of the package, withdraw from the contract upon the payment of standard penalties previously accorded or, failing that, the adequate and justifiable penalties calculated pursuant to art. 41, paragraph 1 of the Tourism Code.
- If, after the start of the package, substantial elements cannot be provided according to what was agreed, suitable alternative solutions must be offered to the Traveler, without a surcharge. Travelers can withdraw from the contract, without the cost of termination fees, if the services are not performed as agreed and this significantly affects the execution of the package and the organizer has not solved the problem.
- Travelers have the right to a price reduction and / or compensation for damages in the event of failure to comply with or incomplete performance of the tourist services.
- The Organizer is required to provide assistance if the Traveler is in difficulty.
- If the Organizer-Seller becomes insolvent, the payments will be refunded by the Insurance company. If the Organizer-Seller becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transportation is included in the package, the repatriation of Travelers is guaranteed. BikesPlus SRL is covered by the following insurance: Filodiretto Protection policy N. 6006002040/M
- Travelers can contact the insurance company Nobis, Compagnia di Assicurazione, con sede in Via Lanzo, 29, Borgaro Torinese 10071 (TO), Tel – 039 9890001, PEC firstname.lastname@example.org or, if necessary, the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism – General Directorate of Tourism, Italian Competent Authority according to art. 48, paragraph 2 of the Tourism Code (Via del Collegio Romano, 27 – 00166 Rome – phone +39 06/67232131 mail email@example.com) if, due to the insolvency of the Organizer-Seller, the above mentioned services are denied.
- The Traveler is informed that s/he can underwrite insurance policies to cover the withdrawal penalties by the Traveler or the costs of assistance and repatriation, in case of accident, illness or death. The insurance policies may be indicated by the Organizer as mandatory for their package offers.
- For further information on the fundamental rights of the Traveler purchasing travel packages (as defined in Article 32, paragraph 1, letter g of the Tourism Code) refer to Directive (EU) 2015/2302, and of D. Lgs 21.5.2018, n. 62 transposted into local law and published here.
For any tour that also includes a bike, please review the bike rental contract you will be asked to sign at the time of bike delivery.
Custom requests to current itineraries or custom tour development requests may incur modified Payment Terms and Tour Terms which will be communicated at the time of reservation.
A deposit of 400 Euros per person reserves space on the trip. Full payment is due 60 days before commencement of the tour. The tour price is based on double occupancy and includes the services specified in the itinerary plus optional activities listed. The price does not include services and meals not listed specifically in the itinerary, passports, or other travel documents, air or other transportation to and from the tour start and ending points (unless otherwise stated in the tour itinerary), visas, vaccinations where required, or personal expenses such as laundry, medical insurance, and communications. A change fee of 150 Euros will be incurred for any modifications to standard itineraries on the website.
Cancellation & Refunds
Cancellation & Refunds: We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance, including trip cancellation/interruption insurance. All cancellations must be received in writing or via confirmed e-mail. The following table explains cancellation fees for tours:
|Days Before Departure||Cancellation Fee Per Participant|
|91 or more||100 Euros|
|90 – 61||Full deposit|
|60 – 31||Full deposit + 50% of final payment|
|30 – 1||100% of the tour price|
A 25% non refundable deposit is required to hold your rental. Full payment is due 60 days from the start of the rental. Please Note: rentals less than 200 Euros will be charged in full at the time of deposit. Prices are in Euros and charged in Euros, hence exchange rates will be determined by individual card holders’ banks. Additional charges for changes to rental service once service begins will be charged on the credit card on file or are to be paid in cash on site.
Cancellation & Refunds
All cancellations must be received in writing or via confirmed email. The following table explains cancellation fees for all rentals and associated services:
|Days Before Pick Up||Cancellation Fee|
|15 days and over||25% of rental/service fee|
|14 days or less||100% of rental/service fee|
No refunds are possible after the rental begins. Refunds take 2-4 weeks to process from the date written cancellation is received. We reserve the right to cancel a rental prior to pickup for any reason, in which case a full refund will be made if cancellation occurs 30 days or more prior to the scheduled pickup date of the rental. If we are forced to cancel a rental, we will award a 100% refund. Refunds are for rental price only and excludes expenses incurred by customers in instances where Cycle Europe is forced to cancel a rental.
Renter acknowledges that Cycle Europe will do its best to deliver and pick up from locations at agreed upon times but force majeure or other exceptional circumstances (unusual traffic en route to drop-off or delivery) may cause delays. Renter agrees to adhere to delivery and pick-up times themselves and authorize Cycle Europe to charge their credit card if meeting times are not met and additional expenses are incurred due to renter lateness (i.e. staff time, highway tolls, staff meals and lodging, etc). If there are changes to the pick up location or time once the rental has started this must be communicated by confirmed email or direct telephone contact at least 48 hours before the rental equipment is returned to Cycle Europe.
If delivery location does not allow for easy access by van to drop off or pick up the rental equipment, please make necessary arrangements. We often deliver to beautiful remote villas in rural areas that have 17% grade gravel roads and low-hanging trees. Cycle Europe is not responsible therefore for any additional time and expense that may accrue if changes in delivery location or means have to be made. It is renter’s responsibility to know whether the pick up and drop of location is acceptable.
The Organizer, BIKESPLUS SRL Agenzia Viaggi On Line (online travel agency) with registration in Forlì, Italy with the following protocol numbers: SCIA at the City Hall of Forlì (FC). Protocollo n.10890 del 09/02/2015, respecting e-commerce legislation (D.Lgs.70/2003, D.Lgs 206/2005 – Codice del Consumo, D.Lgs. 21/2014); registered with chamber of commerce with number N. 315592
Contact information and Legal address:
via de Amicis 4/d, 47121 Forlì (FC), Italy
VAT Number and Fiscal Code: IT03765960400
R.E.A. N. 315592
PEC (certified email): BikesPlus@pec.it