Self-Guided and Guided Bike Tour Rating Descriptions
Level 1 bike tour:
These bike tours are great for beginners, but also good for intermediate or advanced bicyclists traveling with friends who are beginners. Extra mileage may be available and requested in advance.
- Average riding days: 6
- Average daily mileage: 25-30 miles
- Cumulative daily climbing: 1,000-2,000 feet and often much less
Level 2 bike tour:
Great for all levels of cyclists and active travelers. Level 1 cyclists may find some of the days challenging, but not impossible!
- Average riding days: 6-9
- Average daily mileage: 30-35 miles
- Cumulative daily climbs: 1,000-2,000 feet, but half the days may include cumulative climbs over 2,000 feet
Level 3 bike tour:
For intermediate and advanced cyclists who want a fun vacation, enjoy some hills but don’t need to ride a century.
- Average riding days: 6-12
- Average daily mileage: 45-50 miles
- Cumulative daily climbs: over 1,500-2,500 feet on most days and at least three days with cumulative climbs over 3,000 feet